Friday 25 September 2009

Time flies...but who's having fun?


Time Standing Still in Derry?
Can some one please put the brakes on?...
Lets all sit back and remember to inhale deeply for a moment (deep breathes...I mean... not the funny stuff... although come to think of it, it might help put the space/time continuum back on its tracks!!),
....seriously though when did Time go off the rails?

.... the "summer" was a blip, Halloween is just around the corner and Christmas is already in the stores!!!
My eldest has been planning his late Oct birthday for the past 2 months now, he's literally counting the days...I've just entered two Christmas nights out in my diary...and I've just had the discussion about where we're eating Christmas dinner...and decided probably have breakfast here then travel on to Tyrone....but I must be slipping up a little, this time last year I had bulk of the gift shopping already completed! ...worst to come...In the same conversation about Christmas dinner we discussed plans for summer holidays! you know what? I need to go now and get plans started for Christmas 2010.... aaaggh,
somewhere between, notes, to do lists, calendars and diaries, we as a nation are consumed with planning our lives away.

Ok.. I am calling time on time... write my last list, note to self.. do nothing.

No comments: